As the school year comes to a close and you are studying diligently for your final exams, we want our Library to be as comfortable for everyone as it can be.
Here are a few reminders to help us achieve the best study atmosphere possible:
We are partners in keeping noise down in all areas of the Library; particularly on the third floor. Please keep voices low or avoid talking as you step off the elevator or enter from the stairwells.
- Ask for a pair of ear plugs at the Circulation Desk if it will help you concentrate while studying in any area of the Library.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended!
- Food is not permitted in the Library, but we encourage you to take a study break in the ALC or the Cafeteria and get some nourishment to help keep you focused.
- Study aids may be helpful to many of you. Ask a Librarian or an Academic Success Counselor for advice on which study aids, available at the Reserve Desk, might be most helpful to you. A variety of study aids and additional copies of each aid are now available to accommodate more of our student body. As you learned last week, some additional digital study aids are also available to you. Ask for help with those materials at the Circulation Desk. see: http://barry.law.overdrive.com
- Test your knowledge of a difficult concept using CALI. The student authorization code is: ORLANDstu162 (it is case sensitive).
The Library listens to your comments, and we have extended our hours for finals and through much of the time we hope you’ll be in the Library studying. We will be open the Friday after Thanksgiving from 10am to 6pm and we will be open until midnight until the end of finals.
Good luck and enjoy your holidays!
Associate Dean Studwell